Professional Mechanical EngineerRaleigh/Durham, North Carolina
O’Brien Atkins Associates is located in the Triangle of North Carolina, offering architecture, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, landscape architecture/planning, and interior design services. The firm has focused its professional design services on corporate offices, research laboratories, and facilities for advanced technology companies; higher education and institutional projects such as airports, criminal justice facilities, and data centers. The majority of their projects have been concentrated in North Carolina; however, they also provide design and consulting services throughout the world.
O’Brien Atkins Associates has developed a strong portfolio of MEP engineering-intensive projects and now they are seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer who is a licensed engineer, comfortable using Revit and has good communication skills with the ability to collaborate within a multidisciplinary environment.
Essential Education, Work Experience, Job Skills
- Minimum of 6 to 8 years’ experience as a licensed professional engineer with specific design experience in engineering related to the academic facilities, life science, biotech, and pharmaceutical labs/manufacturing.
- Desire and aptitude for leadership in areas of mechanical engineering, communications, professional approach, and personnel and project management.
- Thorough expertise in the field of mechanical engineering including HVAC/plumbing/piping design and working knowledge of allied design disciplines.
Compensation commensurate with experience and education.
Operations & Technical Responsibilities
- Be active and visible in business and civic networking/organizations.
- Maintain professional licensing status and appropriate professional organization
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of project procedures to ensure delivery of quality Mechanical Engineering services, designs, and documents.
- Ability to develop new competencies to support target markets.
- Be active in upgrading existing Mechanical Engineering quality control methods and developing new controls as needed.
- Effectively apply current technology to achieve consistent and efficient production of high quality projects.
- Cooperatively coordinate work and project requirements with Project Managers and other discipline leaders.
- Assist the firm in responding to new business opportunities and prepare proposals for Mechanical Engineering scope of services.
- Collaborate with Mechanical Engineering staff to determine and schedule personnel requirements for projects and projected workload, maintaining balance between staff and forecasted workload.
Professional market salary and benefits align with experience and current company policies.
Interested in exploring this key engineering opportunity, please send current resume, in PDF format, to Dana at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-604-6800 for a confidential conversation.
Everything starts with a conversation!
Other Job Opportunities
Raleigh, Durham, North Carolina
At One Source of NC, we are always looking for the next great candidate, client, or project. We’d love for you to work with us, please get in touch!