Field Service TechnicianRaleigh/Durham, North Carolina
Field Service Technician needed in Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina with a minimum of 10 years of combined experience servicing industrial engines, generators, switchgear, and UPS systems. You must be capable of working independently on diesel and gaseous-fueled engines and generators. Requirements include comprehensive electrical-mechanical skills, experience with engines including but not limited to: CAT, Cummins, Detroit, MTC. Generator systems including but not limited to: CAT, Cummins, Kohler, and Generac. Automatic Transfer Switches including but not limited to Asco, Kohler, Emerson, Generac, RussElectric, etc. Local candidates to Raleigh/Durham, NC preferred. Must possess basic mechanics tool set, special test equipment will be provided, company vehicle provided.
Working independently to provide customers with technical support, field service, test and calibration of diesel and gaseous-fueled engines and generators, automatic transfer switches and UPS systems. Using analytical and critical thinking skills solve mechanical and electrical problems in efforts to keep equipment running efficiently, minimizing system failure and downtime.
- Provide customers with technical support, field service, test, and calibration of generators, engines, automatic transfer switches, and UPS systems.
- Field installation, repair and maintenance of Industrial (4kw and above) Power Generation Systems.
- Accurately deliver service reports.
- Respond to Emergency Requests for field service within assigned territory within 3 hours of the request.
- Perform on-site startups; inspect installation, test system functions and train customers on operation and maintenance of power generation equipment.
- Perform Resistive and reactive load bank tests on power generation equipment.
- Provide field inspection and analysis of all products and report on product quality and design deficiencies. Coordinate remedial action with quality control and management and aggressively follow up to ensure permanent corrective actions have been taken.
- Schedule maintenance and repairs for mechanical and electrical troubleshooting of engines, generators, controls, switchgear, and UPS systems.
- May have to collect payment for services rendered.
- Electrical troubleshooting and problem-solving requiring strong AC/DC power skills, ability to read and interpret schematics, troubleshoot and repair electrical contractors, motors, relays, contacts, generator components, sensors, actuators, and controls.
- Establish and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Represent the company in a professional manner, filling the role of the Sales Rep and Business Development personnel in efforts to generate new business.
- Respond to client Emergency Calls for generator services 24 hours/day and 7 days/week.
- Manage schedule and procurement of parts and supplies to ensure jobs are handled in a timely manner and “windshield time” is kept to a minimum.
- Maintain the company service truck to ensure it is always clean and services are performed on time.
- Maintain truck stock inventory.
- Establish and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Consult manufacturer on repair issues and new product issues/problems.
- The position requires approx. 50% travel throughout the Southeastern territory.
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- A minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ten (10) years’ work experience on large reciprocating engines used for power generation or industrial purposes. Skills will include mechanical-electrical troubleshooting and repairs. Reciprocating engine experience in diesel, gasoline, and gaseous fuel is a must.
- Ten (10) years’ work experience in generator and switchgear service, repair, and troubleshooting of various make, model and size of generator and ATS.
- A strong understanding and knowledge of uninterruptable power supply (UPS) systems.
- An understanding of PLC control systems and how they interface with an engine/generator set and balance of plant.
- Understand the principles of resistance/reactive load banks and related testing.
- Must be computer literate, have good oral, written, and interpersonal skills, and be capable of learning, working independently, exhibiting common sense and good judgment, and value safety.
- Research repair parts and procedures for all manufacturers’ power generation equipment.
- Knowledge of National Electric Code and OSHA regulations.
- Must be able to follow Company procedures and standard operating procedures.
- Demonstrate the ability to work well under occasional pressure or within deadlines; work well independently or with others in a team environment.
- Must have a record of good attendance and performance at prior jobs.
- Experience in towing, backup up of various size trailers.
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license.
- Strong technical skills.
- Must demonstrate customer service attitude
- Capable of functioning independently and undertake various technical and supervisory roles when required; must be able to recommend an appropriate course of action in a fast-paced environment; work well under pressure during outages to restore service.
- High degree of precision, care, and attention to surroundings when in working environments with minimum tolerances.
- High level of integrity, strong work ethic, good judgment, and problem-solving skills.
- Professional, leading by example, and willing to put the company and others before themselves.
- Recognizes the need for confidentiality and security of sensitive information.
- Superior interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, initiative, and a commitment to quality.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines. Compliance data must be accurate and reliable.
- U.S. citizenship or U.S permanent resident status required.
- A valid drivers’ license issued by the state of residence and in good standing. Must not have any reckless driving or DUI within the past ten years.
Market salary and benefits align with experience.
If interested in exploring this opportunity, please send a current resume and outstanding digital portfolio, to Dana at email@example.com or call 919-604-6800 for a confidential conversation.
Everything starts with a conversation! ®
At One Source of NC, we are always looking for the next great candidate, client, or project. We’d love for you to work with us, please get in touch!